Locals to Welcome Crystal Travellers into their Palaces, Art Studios, Homes, & Workplaces
Ultra-luxe Crystal Cruises is launching a new, uber-exclusive collection of “Boutique Adventures” — shoreside experiences only available to Crystal travellers and not available with any other cruise lines. Debuting this spring with its Mediterranean cruises, the intimate Boutique Adventures take guests inside private estates, art studios, museums, castles, and well-known businesses for exclusive, insider meals, lessons, workshops, and behind-the-scenes tours with fascinating, eminent local experts.
Accommodating only 1-15 guests, the specially-designed outings provide cultural opportunities for deeper connections with local hosts and greater schedule flexibility “in-the-moment.”
Kicking off the Mediterranean season aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity voyages are:
Florence: View the Uffizi Gallery’s private (normally closed to the public) Contini Bonacossi Collection, featuring Bernini sculpture, Bellini and Savoldo paintings, majolica, furniture, and more.
- Rome: Create unique souvenir jewellery under the tutelage of a Valentino model-turned-museum jewellery designer, opening her workshop for the first time ever only for Crystal guests.
- Corfu: Be one of just six guests per outing to receive a private painting lesson from the President of the Corfu Painters Society.
- Vetriano (near Florence): Appreciate opera up-close with a special operatic performance at the smallest historic public theatre in the world.
- Sorrento and Taormina: Improve your international kitchen skills via hands-on cooking lessons and meals with local, Michelin-star chefs.
- Taormina: Dine and listen to a private classical concert at an ancient Sicilian castle.
“Crystal’s luxury guests can enjoy the exquisite all-inclusive amenities and exceptional space of Crystal ships, yet, ashore, share intimate, immersive experiences with just a handful of other like-minded companions — particularly appealing for more independent travellers,” says John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations.
“Crystal’s reputation for excellence has persuaded people and places that are nowhere to be seen on the tourist map to open their doors for us in unique ways. These Adventures may be small in size, but they’re huge in rare experience and memory value.”